We help couples feel secure and connected, so in moments of stress, they turn towards one another, instead of turning away. We help individuals learn to identify, acknowledge, and cope with difficult emotions, so life feels a little less overwhelming. We strongly believe that therapy can help any person, at any stage of life, once they are ready to reach out for help.
What is a marriage and family therapist?
Do you accept my health insurance?
Maybe! We accept all Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland plans. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance. Please call your insurance company to verify your coverage.
You may want to ask these questions to verify your in-network benefits:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Do I have a co-pay? How much is it?
- How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
- Are there dollar limits, visit limits, or other limits for my mental health benefits?
- Do I need pre-authorization in order to receive mental health services?
For other insurance plans, we are considered out-of-network providers. This means that you are responsible for the full cost of the session, but you may be eligible for reimbursement through out-of-network benefits, medical spending, or health care savings accounts.
You may want to ask these questions to verify your out-of-network benefits:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- What is my out-of-network deductible and has it been met?
- After my out-of-network deductible has been met, how much will my insurance company reimburse me?
- Are there any dollar limits, visit limits, or other limits for my out-of-network mental health benefits?
How long does therapy last?
How do I know you're the right therapist for me?
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Cara is willing to say things I don’t want to hear, but in an objective and helpful way.”
“Cara’s structured and interactive manner is helpful in keeping us on the right track, which is reassuring when you know you have a long way to go. She asks for feedback and uses it to tailor our sessions, so I feel she is really working for us and with us, and not just going by a script. She is great at making sure we both feel heard and valued.”
“Cara keeps me focused on whatever I am working on in that particular session. She is an active listener and I can tell she really cares about what I am going through.”
“Cara exceeded my expectations by not just being an engaged listener but by providing objective feedback based on our situation. She made us feel very comfortable and allowed us to feel secure with opening up about our issues.”
“Cara gave us some constructive activities to do and behaviors to be aware of, which allowed us to be more considerate with how we communicate with each other and our families.”
I offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation to start things off. This gives you an opportunity to see if I’m a good fit and discuss what brings you to therapy and what you hope to get out of our sessions. It’s also the perfect time to ask questions or voice concerns you may have about the process.